Working during the holidays is a fact of life with your profession. Holidays can include any special day: the big game, the season finale, the family milestone, etc. Even if you get the time off, a big event can result in you being recalled. While others get to spend time with their family and friends, you end up on the streets working calls – calls that are probably the worst ones of the year. Here are 9 tips to make the best of it: Continue reading 9 Tips to Make the Best of Working the Holidays
If you’re an emergency medical responder at any level, you might have interest. The organization is dedicated to promoting your interests – nationally and in local communities where you work and live. They’re dedicated to enhancing your profession at every level by offering various forms of advocacy, continuing education, job opportunities and other resources.
Formed in 1975 and more than 32,000 members strong, the National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians (NAEMT) is the nation’s only organization solely dedicated to representing the professional interests of all EMS practitioners, including paramedics, emergency medical technicians, emergency medical responders and other professionals working in prehospital emergency medicine. NAEMT members work in all sectors of EMS, including government service agencies, fire departments, hospital-based ambulance services, private companies, industrial and special operations settings, and in the military.
At Galls, we support NAEMT and other organizations by offering a wide variety of medical supplies and other gear to emergency medical personnel. Our commitment is in providing high quality gear to those first responders who are committed to their jobs and their communities.
The National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians represents all EMS practitioners in promoting:
- Greater understanding and appreciation by government agencies at the local, state and national levels of the role that EMS plays in our nation’s health care, public safety, and disaster response systems.
- Pay and benefits that reflects their professional training, responsibilities and dedication.
- Leadership at the federal level that fosters and supports the delivery of quality EMS nationwide.
- Adequate and sustainable funding for EMS in all locations.
- Public policy that supports EMS practitioners and the patients they serve.